Overwhelming Feelings

I typed out this post before I had a blog! I was journaling one day and God gave me this post, and I said okay, now I definitely have to start a blog. Then a few days later I did! 

This morning God told me to share this post! So here is the post that kicked this blog into motion!

What do you do when fear seems to cripple you? And what do you do when a great wave of emotions comes out of nowhere and you begin to drown?

In times like these it is easy to feel that all the fight has gone out of you. You want to give in. You want to drown. It feels like too much and that it would be easier if it just overtook you.

I have experienced this so many times.

Now after years of giving in, feeling like I was drowning, or losing the fight, God is teaching me something.

Feelings and emotions can be strong, yes.

But are they consistent? No.

Are they facts? Rarely.

Are they clear? No.

Feelings and emotions can be swayed from day to day, at times even moment to moment.

They can be as strong as a violent storm sometimes, and then tranquil later on.

So, are we stuck in this wild and crazy ocean in a boat with no form of steering? Not at all. We have a lighthouse, The Lighthouse. So, when we are caught in a tempest thinking or saying things like:

I feel afraid.

I feel alone.

I feel as if no one wants me.

I feel unloved.

 I feel useless.

I feel ugly.


Those are feelings. Now do not try to elevate them to say instead of I feel, I am.

I am afraid.

I am alone.

I am unwanted.

I am unloved.

I am useless.

I am ugly.

That makes your mind confirm to itself that your feelings are your identity.

 

What is truth? What does God say in these situations?

Here are some pieces of truth to combat the lies listed above.

 

God has conquered fear and I do not have to submit to it.

I am never alone. God said He would never leave me or forsake me.

I am wanted. God sent His only begotten Son to die for me because He wants me to be able to be with Him forever.

God Loves me more than I could comprehend.

I am not useless. God has given me a life and a purpose. Jerimiah 29:11

I am not ugly. I am handmade in the image of God! He took great delight in making me and calls me His own Beautiful Child!

 

You are not your feelings. Your feelings do not have to control you. You do not have to throw in the towel. You do not have to drown or give up the fight before it even starts.

Speak the Truth!

And if you can not see Truth ask God to open your eyes to see Him and what He says about what you are going through.

Where is the Truth?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rooted

Savoring Pain

Lessons Learned After 5 Years with a Paralyzed Arm