Resurrection Day Prayer

Happy Resurrection Day!! 

Christ is risen! Hope is alive!! 

God as our salvation is not just a New Testament truth. It is first stated in the Old Testament and then echoed in physical earthly form in the New Testament. 

Exodus 15:2

"The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."

Isaiah 12:2

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the LORD God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." 

Zephaniah 3:17

"The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."


Lately, I found myself continually in awe of God, and all that He is doing. The God of the universe. The One who made the stars in the sky, and the mountains on the earth. The One who holds the past, present, and future in His hands sees me and hears the cries of my heart. This fact has really brought me to a position of awe and gratitude. One thought that I have been mulling over is that with everything God has done, even if He never did another thing for me, I would have enough reasons to live in constant awe and praise until the day I died. Even just creation alone, God created this entire universe and everything in it. He has placed us in it to enjoy it and glorify Him. From mountains, fields, and oceans, to flowers, sunsets, and birdsongs, to enjoying sweet community with each other, we are surrounded by the handiwork of a loving and creative God. Then the gift of salvation and reconciliation through the blood of Jesus Christ that we may live eternally in the presence of our Father. Then the fact that we today have the Bible, and the Holy Spirit working actively in our lives drawing us closer to the Father and helping us to walk and live in the freedom that He has called us to. There is so much to praise God for. 

 

I want to sign off with this prayer. 


Father, 

I come before you in awe of who you are and all that you have done. From the gift of each breath to the answers to prayers that were barely whispers of the heart, you provide abundantly above and beyond what we could think or imagine. We push you away, we try to figure out life on our own, and still, you pursue us. You never give up on us. You delight in lavishing us with your love, mercy, and grace. Father, may we live with our eyes fixed upon you, our hearts dwelled upon you, our steps headed towards you, and our voices ever lifted in praise to you. You are worthy of it all and so much more. Thank you, Father. Thank you, Jesus, for your blood shed to redeem us from our sins. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for your patience and guidance in our lives in shaping us more into the likeness of Christ. God, you are so good. 

Comments

  1. Ur right on the mark! God will is using u in people’s lives!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rooted

Lessons Learned After 5 Years with a Paralyzed Arm

Savoring Pain